CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Banana Wontons


We started a Book Club on Saturday and this one of our apitizers. It was a big hit. The Banana Wontons were a Weight Watchers recipe that I have tweaked now that I’m not counting calories as much. I’ll post the original and my updated version.

Original
2 servings of butter-flavor cooking spray
1 large banana, diced
6 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
24 wonton wrappers
1 Tbsp powered sugar

Points Value: 4
Servings: 6

Prep time: 10 min

I like to use all the wonton wrappers so my revised recipe makes about 60 wontons. I’m not very good at using measuring devices so I just do what looks good. It’s hard to mess this one up.


Revised
Cooking spray
4 Bananas, mashed
A Handful of mini chocolate chips
A Handful of chopped walnuts
60+ wonton wrappers
Powered sugar to sprinkle on top

Then the rest of the directions are the same.

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine banana and chocolate chips, (& Walnuts); mix gently.
Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop banana mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface of wontons with cooking spray.
Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Sift powdered sugar over wontons before serving.

0 comments: